Thank you for attending our 2020 Third Party Payer Day! All post-conference resources can be found on this page.
Presentation Slides & Handouts
- Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) - Mary Muchow, WPS Government Health Administrators
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - Heather Peterson, BCBSM
- Medicare Plus Blue - Becky Harris, BCBSM
- Navigate Appeals Successfully: Details Make a Difference - Joe Rivet, Esq., Rivet Health Law
- Payer Panel: DIFS - Emily DeLaGarza
- Payer Panel: Priority Health - Jorri Smith
- Payer Panel: UHC - Susan Anspaugh
- Navigating the Latest Telehealth & Telemedicine Reimbursement Rules - Toni Elhoms, Alpha Coding Experts, LLC
- ACMPE: Follow the instructions in our ACMPE Credit Worksheet to submit your ACMPE CEUs.
- AAPC: Personalized AAPC certificates have been emailed to all registered attendees. Please reach out to email@example.com if you have not received yours.
During the conference, some presenters may have taken questions that could not be immediately answered. Any answers that are provided to us by presenters will be posted below.
Q: Are remote monitoring devices ie. at home blood pressure cuffs, etc. covered via telemonitoring? What equipment is covered by remote monitoring? Cpt code 99453
A: For our contracted providers, they can do a telehealth visit for any code within their fee schedule if, in their professional judgement and discretion, they feel it can reasonably be performed via telehealth. Our telehealth medical policy has a section on remote devises, so I recommend reviewing that document for more details about coverage: https://www.priorityhealth.com/-/media/priorityhealth/documents/medical-policies/91604.pdf?rev=3d1f1b90deee4f799768b8416ab6564b
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
Q: How can we find out who our provider rep is?
A: Providers can find their Provider Consultant on our website. Here is the link- https://www.bcbsm.com/providers/help/contact-us/bcbsm-provider-contacts-physicians.html#content8d85e46b-6140-4def-873d-e5e6bdbf3a03.